There is a difference between your LinkedIn profile and your resume. Many times, people assume, “My LinkedIn profile should be sufficient.” While both media share overlapping purposes of summarizing your work history and background, a resume highlights your current accomplishments and experiences – paraphrased within a limited space. Remember, it’s only 8.5″ x 11″, targeting 2 pages max. Treat your resume as “real estate.”
On the other hand, LinkedIn is a professional network with infinite space to delve into your CHALLENGE, ACTION, and RESULT – or what we at Career Navigation refer to as “C.A.R.” This is a social media site that aims to add value to your professional identity – e.g. a project, colleague, organization, company, client.
Having a defined C.A.R. will help navigate your career path. Consider using our job tracker in the link below to chart out your next step, keep tabs of your contacts, and visually organize future interviews. Remember, the interview process is not just a doorway to a potential new job but also a platform to expand your professional network.
Bio-Pharma Startup – greater San Gabriel – north OC area
It’s a new position, the OD (Organizational Development) professional will be creating and building this area from the ground floor.
- Providing leadership and consulting support aligned w/business strategies to build organizational capability throughout the company
- Creating and/or counseling on appropriate education, training programs
- Plan develop, implement and administers HR programs for company employees
- Management and leadership program development and strong stand-up facilitation skills.
- Leadership assessment and development, work with competencies a plus.
- Developing business partnerships with leadership in the deployment of human resource strategies to support the business plan.
- Possess strong analytical, coaching and influence skills.
- Change management skills; sound working knowledge of theoretical change management models and practical experience in managing change initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- MBA or MA in Organizational Effectiveness, or Human Resources preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in Human Resources Development, Organization Development or training design and implementation, in a global organization with leading edge HR Systems and practices.
- Deployment of competency-based performance management, leadership development, or Behavioral Based Interviewing systems.
Please send resumes to Lynn Amoruso at firstname.lastname@example.org with 20251OD in the subject line.
Mid-peninsula private social change platform Software tool – Marketing (climate change, animal welfare, social accountability for organizations/government)
- Prefer 3+ yrs. – online advertising, PPC and lead acquisition
- Successful track record – analytical tools – track and optimize conversion rates
- Track record with Facebook advertising
- Direct marketing experience+
Please send resumes to Lynn Amoruso at email@example.com with 20240DigMktg in the subject line.
Join a Silicon Beach fintech/insurtech startup that is scaling.
- Using cutting edge machine learning tech for solving spved & unspvd learning problems – NLP and text mining
- Translate business needs into data models and predictive algorithms
- Prefer NLP and machine learning; software (Java, C++, C#, Python or equivalent)
- Statistical/mathematical modeling tolls (R, Python, etc.)
Please send resumes to Lynn Amoruso at firstname.lastname@example.org with DS20237 in the subject line.
Join a Silicon Beach fintech/insurtech – big data startup that is scaling.
- Develop production-grade libraries and solutions
- Collaborate w/engineers – computationally and mathematically complex solutions on the cloud
- Prefer 4-yr degree – quantitative (computer science, engineering, math, physics)
- Ability to develop software in a production environment high level languages (C#, Java,
- Scala, etc.)
- Quantitative and modeling environments (Python, R, Matlab, etc.)
- Experience w/Big-Data computational frameworks (Spark and Hadoop)
Please send resumes to Lynn Amoruso at email@example.com with QD20236 in the subject line.